Information we collect
The PII we collect from or about you will depend on our relationship with you, the reason for its collection and the services we are providing to you.
We collect PII when you:
- make a booking: We collect your name, email address, phone number and business details each time you make a booking with Park Sitting Rooms. We will also collect credit card information, including card number, card type, security number, cardholder name, expiry date and issuing bank and country to pay for services purchased through Park Sitting Rooms.
- tick ‘Remember my details for next time’ on our booking page: We retain your name, email address, phone number, credit card type, and name on card when you tick ‘Remember my details for next time’ while making a booking.
- subscribe to receive our promotional material: We collect email addresses, mobile phone numbers, names, city of residence and communications preferences from people who elect to subscribe to receive our promotional material.
- participate in surveys, promotions and competitions: We may collect PII when you participate in a survey, promotion or competition either conducted by us, by a third party on our behalf or as prize supplier for a promotion/competition.
- submit a review: We collect your PII (which may include photos and videos) as may be provided by you and your comments when you submit a review to us. We may publish these details.
- are involved in a card payment dispute: If a card payment occurring on our site is disputed, we may use a copy of the photo ID and other booking details provided to our team. This information may be used by us in connection with the dispute.
- contact Park Sitting Rooms: We collect PII such as your full name, email address and/or telephone number and feedback whenever you submit an enquiry or suggestion, provide feedback or comments or request assistance with a booking.
- make a reservation for a third party: When you make a reservation for someone else through this website, we will request PII about that person or business. You should obtain the consent of that person prior to providing us with their PII and give them access to this policy. Any access to view or change the information of your travel companion(s) will be available through your booking.
- deal with third parties: We may also from time to time obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliates, related companies, business partners and other independent third party sources and add it to our account information.
Other information we collect:
- Non-PII: We may collect non-personally identifiable information including your IP address and search preferences to help customise and enhance your user experience and provide you with offers tailored to your interests.
- Statistical information: When you visit our site, we record general information about your visit for statistical purposes. These statistics do not contain any PII.
- Mobile: If you are using the website on your mobile device we may collect data that identifies your mobile device. We collect and processes your details in the same way as the website.
We may, from time to time, use “cookies” to store your preferences, record session information and collect non-personally identifiable information on how you visit and access our web pages and newsletters. If you subscribe to receive promotional material from us we may link the information stored in cookies to any PII you provide to us. This information allows us to continually improve our services to provide you with a better overall experience and to communicate offers to you which are tailored to your interests.
We also use third party cookies to show you Park Sitting Rooms advertisements on other websites (remarketing). Our advertisements on other websites maybe based on destinations and products you have searched for or viewed on Park Sitting Rooms.
Cookies can be deleted from your computer at any time (see your internet browser’s help menu for more information), however this will remove all cookies and not just those associated with the Park Sitting Rooms site.
How we use your information
We use your PII only for the primary purpose of providing our services and communicating with you in relation to bookings and offers. By providing your PII to us, or otherwise allowing your PII to be collected, you consent to us using this PII for the primary purpose for which it was collected and for the following related purposes:
- Purchase Park Sitting Rooms services: Information collected when you purchase from us is used to process your booking. We may contact you about your booking with related offers from us or our partners which we think may be of interest to you. We may also contact you about your stay for customer service and feedback purposes, or to make any changes or cancellations to your booking.
- Display your details when you next book with us: We will only display your details if you have ticked ‘Remember my details for next time’ while making a booking with us. Your full name, email address, phone number, credit card type, and name on card are the only details stored when you select this option. We will also add any property you attempt to book to your shortlist for easier future access.
- Promotional offers: We will use your PII to communicate promotional offers to you which may be of interest. These include, without limitation, emails, Sitting Rooms newsletters, SMS and push notifications and telephone calls. We will only send our Sitting Rooms newsletter and other promotional offers to you if you have opted into receiving them. We use the individual preferences provided to us by newsletter subscribers and their interactions within our newsletters and site to tailor the relevance of our newsletter content. Our newsletters may contain paid advertising material.
- Offers tailored to your interests: Based on the information you share with us, individualised offers tailored to your interests may be shown to you on our website, mobile site and social media platforms.
- Improving and promoting our services: We use PII and non-PII for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to promote our offers to other customers, to enhance the user experience and to improve the functionality and quality of your customer experience.
- Reviews: We use the customer name or other identifier nominated by the customer and the customer’s review comments, photos and videos in accordance with our Review Guidelines.
- Respond to your questions or suggestions: We will use your email address and/or telephone number to contact you when you submit a question or suggestion.
- General communications: We may use your PII to communicate with you in general.
- Market research: We may ask you to participate in market research.
- Illegal activity: We may use PII for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal activities.
Who we share your information with
We do not disclose any PII except in the following circumstances:
- Third party service providers: We may share your PII with third parties we appoint to perform services on our behalf. For example, we use a catering providers to facilitate food and drink requirements when applicable. Our service providers are not permitted to use or share your PII for any purpose other than the purpose for which they are appointed.
- Legal obligations: We may be required by law to disclose your PII or to service providers where we are investigating a serious complaint or potential illegal acts.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when PII about you will be shared with third parties.
How you control and access your information
Subject to any exceptions provided by law, you are able to access any PII we hold about you. If we refuse your access request we will always provide you with our reasons for doing so. Here’s how you can control and have access to your information:
Newsletter and promotional material: If at any time you would like to either change your email address with us, update your newsletter preferences or unsubscribe from our newsletter or promotional materials you can:
- go to the firstname.lastname@example.org on the top right hand side of our home page and email your request to update or unsubscribe; or
- go to the contact us page and fill in the contact us form with your request.
If you no do not wish to receive promotional material, participate in market research or receive other types of communication from us please contact us.
- Booking information: If at any time you would like to alter the PII you provided us in your booking, please contact us.
- Remember my details for next time: If at any time you would like us to stop remembering your details for the next time you book, untick “Remember my details for next time” the next time you make a booking, or contact us.
- General: Where any PII we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date or relevant you may contact us to correct that PII and we will respond to you in a reasonable time period.
How we protect your information
To ensure the confidentiality of your PII, we use leading security technology and procedures that are regularly reviewed and updated. We will never ask you to send us credit card information by email and we never store any “cvv” credit card security numbers.
We have obtained a digital certificate from ANZ???, an industry leader in the protection and management of data transmission.
Our systems are configured with industry standard data encryption and firewall technology. When you send PII to us over the Internet, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.
If you are concerned about how we handle your PII please contact us using the details below. We will respond to you within a reasonable time period.
If you have any questions regarding how we handle your PII please send your questions by email to email@example.com or send via post to: Park Sitting Rooms, Attention: Privacy Officer, Level 1 484 Albany Hwy Victoria Park 6134 Australia
Park Sitting Rooms ABN 67 764 337 915